STRS - Teachers Retirement
Many STRS members become anxious as they near retirement because they do not feel informed and confident about all the STRS retirement decisions and what options are best for them and their family. We worked for STRS Ohio for seven years and our primary role was to educate teachers about their STRS decisions. Currently we give teachers and other professionals advice to help them feel informed and confident when planning their retirement. Our clients ask us:
1) Which STRS plan of payment is right for me and my beneficiary?
2) Should I consider a PLOP?
3) What should I do with my severance?
4) What percentage of my current income will STRS actually replace?
We complete an analysis that includes:
1) How much you should leave your beneficiary.
2) Whether or not you can afford to take a PLOP (be wary of someone telling you to take the maximum PLOP).
3) Analysis of options to defer income taxes on your severance.
4) Helping you understand how your retirement income actually compares to your current net income through the use of our proprietary Paystub Calculator.
With nearly 20 years of experience working with teachers and as CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, the people we work with tell us they feel better informed and more comfortable in making decisions at this important time of their life.