OPERS - Public Employees
Many OPERS members find the retirement process to be exciting but also worry about whether they are making all the right decisions. As former OPERS members we were trained by the public pension systems to educate public employees about their retirement decisions. Currently we give OPERS members and other professionals advice to help them feel informed and confident when planning their retirement. Our clients ask us:
- Which OPERS plan of payment is right for me and my beneficiary?
- Should I consider a PLOP?
- What should I do with my severance?
- What percentage of my current income will OPERS actually replace?
We complete an analysis that includes:
- How much you should leave your beneficiary.
- Whether or not you can afford to take a PLOP (be wary of someone telling you to take the maximum PLOP).
- Analysis of options to defer income taxes on your severance.
- Helping you understand how your retirement income really compares to your current net income through the use of our proprietary Paystub Calculator.
With thirteen years of experience working with OPERS members and as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, the people we work with tell us they feel better informed and more comfortable in making decisions at this important time of their life.